Pioneer Trails Day Camp will offer a Mini Camp and Tot Lot for younger children as a convenience for our Walking Group Guides and also for the Day Camp Staff. Mini Camp and Tot Lot is essentially day care and a Day Camp unto itself, with age appropriate activities for young children and siblings of Cub Scouts. Mini Camp and Tot Lot is run by trained and caring adult and youth camp staff. We have had rave reviews for our tot lot, and the children love it!
- Boys and Girls ages 3-10 may attend Mini Camp and Tot Lot and MUST be potty trained.
- Parents or legal guardians of children in Mini Camp and Tot Lot MUST be on site attending or staffing Day Camp in order for a child to attend Mini Camp and Tot Lot.
- Please bring a prepared lunch for every child. We do not have coolers for lunches, so keep their lunch with your lunch.
- Children must wear closed toed shoes and socks every day, and have them wear clothes that will get a bit messy as they play outdoors all day.
- An organized program is prepared for the children for the whole day except for lunch time, children must be picked up at lunch and returned at the end of the lunch period.
- We provide snacks and drinks for children so they are energized and hydrated. We ask that parents DO NOT send children with snacks except in cases of extreme allergy.
- Allergies are considered for all our tot-lot food, and we do our best to have a snack available to suit all types of allergies.
- We provide wristbands to children with allergies, with allergies clearly labeled on them for our staff to see.
- Adults dropping children off will declare which allergies children have if any.
- Please make sure your children have sunscreen on each day, and please re-apply sunscreen at lunch each day.
- Mini Camp and Tot Lot is held outdoors next to the south side of Polson Barn and under three 10′ X 20′ car ports, shaded from the sun, and surrounded by cool water misters.
The cost is $10 for the first child per day, and $5 per day for each subsequent child in the same family. Payment for Mini Camp and Tot Lot will be accepted in person at Day Camp (cash or check accepted, checks made payable to “Denver Area Council”).
Register the child online ahead of time if possible please, using the same registration as Cub Scouts use.